Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bailout package laid out

This is one of those issues where I fall on the side of the Republicans. I actually like Obama's bill for a lot of reasons. I think the ideas behind it are with the best intentions, and actually would bring about long term change. By that I mean, VERY long term change. But, too long. I think the energy and education related issues are strong, and probably popular because they speak to some immediate needs of citizens. However, as usual with the Democratic party, the idea is right, the execution is wrong.

The exciting part of all of this is that Republicans feel that their voice is at least being considered. That has to be somewhat validating when you are the underdog. Maybe some type of compromise will happen on some level before it goes to the voting floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment