Thursday, January 22, 2009

Overwhelmage

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to be going to a challenging school. I adore my ridiculously overqualified professors who are teaching because retirement is boring and they are that passionate about their field. It's all exactly what I wanted. The failure is me. No, I'm not calling myself as a whole a failure. I am just facing time management tasks like I have never before. It just sort of dawned on me today, when I was talking to Matt H, that on top of my usual day to day classwork, I have projects and papers due in a few weeks in every class. I know this is what every college kid experiences, I'm not trying to claim my experience as unique. I'm not quite sure, however, that doing school on top of the amount of responsibility that I have is ordinary.

I know it's more than possible. We've all heard the stories of how people put themselves through education under the most extreme of circumstances. If they can do it, I can do it. Brown told me today that he was afraid of me, just by the way I looked at him. Props for intuition. I do hate you, dude.

On a lighter note, I fuckin' adore Margot and Holly. Matt and Roy are also total ballers. Nice to be making new friends, nice to have an opportunity to get closer with old friends. Had lunch with Sammantha and Zach today, and Tian yesterday. TIAN AND I HAD LUNCH. Whoddathunk that would have ever happened again? I haven't seen Jamie once but that should be remedied soon.

I need to start my term paper for history, and I can't decide on a topic. There's too many damn good ones. Henneke is my new rock star. He also liked my Lincoln vs. Obama paper, so score. I care more that Henneke liked it than Brown, which is sad because Henneke isn't grading it. I just want his approval for my whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment